There are times when one of your Airpod is damaged but the other side of the same is okay? Or sometimes when you lose a part of your AirPods you replace it with a new one.
The question that now arises is can we use two different Airpods together? Your answers will be answered in this article below.
also read :-
- 1 Can we use two different Airpods?
- 2 Did we really lose our Airpods?
- 3 How to pair two different Airpods?
- 4 How to connect two Airpods to one phone?
- 5 How to control volume of your Airpods?
- 6 Control the volume of AirPods in second generation
- 7 Control the volume of AirPods in Third generation
- 8 How to connect two Airpods to a Mac?
- 9 Ending thoughts
Can we use two different Airpods?
To answer the question, yes you can connect two different Airpods but with a certain clause. You would need to have the same generation Airpod as the one you currently have as that is the only way you would be able to connect two different Airpods.
Now, the process of connecting both Airpods together is not as hard as one may think. You would just need to follow these small steps:
- You would need to put both your current and new Airpods in the case.
- Keep the lid open, do not close the lid yet.
- Hold down the button at the back of the case which denotes the reset button.
- Now, the AirPods would be reset. Now synching is needed to make them work.
Did we really lose our Airpods?
At times when people cannot find their Airpods, they assume they have lost. Due to its tiny nature, it even gets hard to locate and hence people buy a new pair. While that may sound easy, there is something even easier than that which is using the ‘Find my iPhone’ feature.
Though this feature can only be properly used if your Airpods are within your Bluetooth range. You can also backtrack to the last time you had your Airpods. Using this can be very helpful as you would prevent spending money for no reason which can be saved and also would not have to go through the process of pairing two different Airpods.
How to pair two different Airpods?
This may feel like it would be very hard to do so but it is not as hard or complicated. You just need to follow the steps given below to pair.
- Place both your Airpods in a rechargeable case.
- The lid should remain open and the status light should be amber in color. (Amber lights when your pods are inserted mean that your AirPods are not fully charged)
- Press the button on the back of the case for about 5-7 seconds. The light should change into a flashing light and then into white light. If it stays as amber, you would need to charge the case.
- Open the lid and take the pods out and hold them near your device.
- The connect box should open and you should be able to connect them together.
How to connect two Airpods to one phone?
To do this you would need to follow the following steps:
- Connect your AirPods by placing them near your phone and taping on connect, followed by done when ready.
- Swipe down from top right corner and select the Airplay icon in the control center.
- Select the Share Audio option.
- Hold second case of Airpods next to you and when you see the same on your screen, select share audio.
This would result into both the Airpods connecting to the same Phone.
How to control volume of your Airpods?
You can either use the volume buttons of your iOS device or use Siri to increase or decrees the volume. Airpods also have another function where by touching the sensors you can adjust the volume.
Airpods are also divided into generations and types that have different ways of controlling volume.
Control the volume of AirPods in second generation
With every update, there are new things that get added to the product. The first generation AirPods had to be double-tapped but with the second-generation update, it could be done with just the voice function.
To activate Siri users didn’t have to double-tap on the Airpod. However, to adjust voice, the process remained the same as it was before.
Control the volume of AirPods in Third generation
As newer models come, newer updates also arrive. To change the volume of your Airpod pro third generation you must do the following.
- To play and pause audio, press the sensor on the stem of the Airpod. Press it again to resume playback.
- To skip forward, you must double press the sensors.
- To skip back, you must triple press on the buttons.
- To increase or decrease the volume, you must call out for Siri.
How to connect two Airpods to a Mac?
Connecting two different Airpods to your Mac is also something that might sound impossible but is possible. You just need to follow these steps below:
- Pair your first pair of two Airpods to Mac.
- Navigate the system preference and locate sound and then go to output.
- Set volume of each pair independently.
- Now, find the Audio midi setup and open it.
- On the bottom left corner, you would see a plus sign. You should click on it to create a multi-output device.
- To make the two Airpods different, you should rename them.
- Now you can select the new output device from the sound system preferences or just the volume menu.
Using two different Airpods at one time sounded like something that wasn’t possible but it is something that you can indeed do. You just need to follow a few steps and then it would be possible.