What is discord?
Discord is an application that has been created so that users can voice, video, and text chat for free and hang out with people and communities. discord is used daily by people to talk about things that interest them.
It was founded 5 years ago and has now become a growing platform for youth people out there
What happens after you delete your discord account?
How do I delete my discord account?
- Log in to your discord account
- Then click on ‘user settings
- Then click on ‘my account
- Then select the option of ‘edit my account
- Finally, click on ‘delete account’
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I DELETE MY SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT?
- CAN YOU DELETE AN ONLYFANS ACCOUNT?
- HOW DO I DELETE MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY?
What happens when you delete a discord account?
After deleting the discord account, the only thing that will change is that you will not be able to log in again. the account does not get deleted nor do the messages; they all remain on the server of discord for an undefined amount of time
If someone wishes to read their conversation with you, they can still do so after you delete the app.
If the other person has administrative permission, then they can recover the lost data before it gets lost permanently. This scares people who wish to delete this information about them and protect their sensitive information and wishes them to disappear for good.
How to create a discord account?
To create an account on discord, you will either have to go to their website or download their app which is free to download on both Android as well as iOS. After opening the app, pick up a username and provide all information asked for along with your email. make sure you don’t forget your password, if you do, then you can click on the ‘forgot my password ‘ option. and you are done.
How can I add friends on discord?
To add friends on discord, you can add them through contact on your phone and use discord’s feature of ‘add friend’.
If someone wants to be friends with you then you can find that through the notification that will appear once you open the website or app.
It is better not to share too much personal information on discord such as bank or card details, locations, or other sensitive information as anyone online can view them through discord.
Some questions regarding discord:
1. How do I restart discord?
Sometimes the software crashes because of many reasons. Here is how to correct it.
- Using task manager
- To open the task manager, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- After opening the task manager, click on the option of ‘processes’, there you will get to see a list of programs that will be running on the system.
- After you are done with the process, start the app freshly.
2. How do I mute someone on discord?
Discord is a platform that is used to communicate via audio and video chat. However, some users use this app to prank other people by using discord voice-changing apps.
So, if you wish to stop such people from entering your voice channel and don’t want to hear them then you can mute them on discord and also stop receiving notifications from them.
Follow these steps:
- Start by joining the channel and find the person you want to mute.
- Right-click on the username of the person you wish to mute
- After that, a menu will open, over there you will find the ‘mute’ option by clicking the mute checkbox.
- This will not only mute that person’s voice but also the notifications from that person.
And if you are the administrator then you can select the option of ‘server mute’ that will mute the person not only for you but everyone on that channel.
3. How do I send a video to someone on discord?
- Open the app or website
- Click on the chat where you wish to share the video on
- Then click on the (+) icon. your file Browser will open
- Click on the video that you want to send from there
- You can also add comments to it and then proceed to click on UPLOAD
4. How do I transfer ownership on discord?
Transfer of ownership can be only done by the discord server owner.
Each server can have a maximum of 4 owners.
- Start by opening the app and using the left-hand server list to go to the server to which you wish to transfer ownership.
- Right-click on the server icon
- Click on serve setting
- Then click on the member after the side menu pops up.
- Click on the server member you wish to transfer the ownership to
- Click on the three-dot next to the user’s name
- There you will find the option of ‘transfer ownership
- Confirm the process when the menu prompt
- And you are done.
5. How can I clear the discord cache?
Cache files accumulate when you are using an application for a long period and so happens with discord and it is irritating as it takes up a lot of disk space
To clear it
- Start by opening my computer /my PC
- Then in the file box, type ‘%appdata%/discord’
- Then a list of different files and folders will appear, delete the folder that is named cache, code cache, and Gouache.
- Also, empty the recycle bin
- And you are done
Hope this article helps.