There are two methods
The launchpad method is very simple and quick.
The following steps will tell you how to use this:
- You will find a gray circle with a darker gray rocket in it, which is called the launchpad icon. Click on that. you will find this application either on your dock or application folder. after you click, all apps will show up on the screen
- Then you will have to find the app you wish to uninstall. either press the app when it starts to move or just hold down either the control key or the command key to pick up the app you wish to uninstall.
- When the app starts to move, click the cross on the top corner. however, all apps may not have that cross sign either because the app is not from the app store or it is needed by mac so you cannot delete it.
- After all the processes a pop-up will appear and ask you to confirm the process. Please select the option of deleting the app.
- You can also move the icon to the trash bin. The same notification will appear asking you to confirm the process and you can uninstall the app.
It is a blue-white square icon with a little smiley face on it.
Here are steps on how to do it:
- After clicking the app, look for the app you want to delete in the search bar
- After you have found the app, you can either drag the app from finder to the trashing or you can right-click on the app and in the drop-down menu choose the option of “move to trash”
- Then click on the trash bin and select the option of emptying the trash. You can do that by pressing the “empty trash” option on the top right corner
- Sometimes, you might need to enter the password to delete the app.
- You are done
This app is on your dock or the bottom of the screen. This is the final method you can use:
- To delete the app, just drag the app you wished to delete away from the dock till the option of ‘remove’ is shown
- However, the app is not completely removed, only your icon is deleted. To completely delete the app, go to either finder or launchpad and use the above-stated method to delete the app completely.
Will all your data get deleted if you delete the app?
If you delete an app on a Mac, the data along with it will get deleted but in the case of a larger app, some data might be left behind. This can piss you off if you are deleting the app to get more space on your Mac.
To delete everything related to that app go to the home/library/preference folder then locate the files, select the option of moving everything to trash and then empty the trash.
How to restore the deleted app?
In case you have deleted the app, you do not wish to delete it, then first check the trash bin in case you have not emptied the trash, then right-click on the app and the option will come, press on the putback and the app will be reinstalled
However, if you have completely emptied the trash, then you will have to go to the app store and download the app again.
And if you have not downloaded it from the app store, download it from the source you had previously downloaded it from.
Hope this article helps