Not everyone has an Apple TV but they do have an iPhone. This article intends to help you to understand how to use your Roku device to mirror your iPhone to your smart TV without having to purchase the Apple TV or dongle. With the help of a Roku device, you can easily cast music, videos, and photos from your iPhone to your Smart TV.
For example, you can watch YouTube videos on the large TV Screen or also listen to music from your surround sound speaker. You can also use your iPhone as a remote control to manage the control of your Smart TV. Here are some steps to cast the content directly from your iPhone to a Roku device.
- HOW TO CONNECT MULTIPLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS TO THE IPHONE?
- HOW TO USE BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES ON XBOX ONE?
What is a Roku device?
A Roku device is a device that allows you to enjoy Internet Services on your TV. With this device, you can stream various popular OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on a larger screen and get instant access to several movies, web shows, and much more content from the Internet. With a Roku device, you would also be able to cast photos, videos, and music from your iPhone to your TV.
Read More – Can Roku Browse The Internet?
What is Roku screen mirroring?
Screen Mirroring, also known as Screen Sharing, is the process of replicating a laptop, tablet, computer screen, or phone screen into a large TV Screen. Screen Mirroring technology can be useful in a workspace or office as well as at home for entertainment purposes.
There are generally two methods of Screen Mirroring. The Wired Screen Mirroring offers a simple and reliable solution for screen mirroring. Other devices remove or eliminate the requirement for cables and offer Wireless Screen Mirroring.
You must always remember that the Wi-Fi network should be the same for both devices: (your phone and your Roku TV) for the screen mirroring process.
How does screen mirroring happen?
To start this process, you would need a special device that would share your iPhone screen and a device that would allow showing the content of your phone on the large TV screen. The sending devices use some third-party apps that allow us to share and smoothly conduct screen sharing or screen mirroring on the Smart TVs.
The receiving devices are those devices that receive all the data while doing the screen mirroring process. These can be Smart TV, Roku devices and much more devices.
How to set up mirroring on Roku?
To do this, firstly, you would need to ensure that screen mirroring is completely set up and allowed on your Roku receiver. This is an essential step before mirroring your content from your iPhone to a large TV Screen otherwise it wouldn’t be possible for you to edit.
To proceed to set up mirroring on Roku, you can follow these steps which are given below:
1.Firstly. check that you’re on the home screen of your Roku page or you can also redirect to Roku’s Home Screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Now, simply, go to the Settings option followed by the System menu.
3. Now, on the System menu, go to the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Under the Screen Mirroring option, choose your desired setting. If you select “Prompt”, you’ll see an on-screen prompt message asking you to confirm your option.
5. Click on the “Always Allow”option to automatically allow any device to connect to the Roku device. Don’t select the “Never Allow”option unless you don’t want to use the Screen Mirroring feature anymore.
6. Now, after that, simply download the Roku app and open the app on your iPhone. Now, you must search for a receiver and connect the device with the receiver.
Mirroring your Roku Device with iPhone
Now, mirroring your Roku with your iPhone device can be done from the Control Center section. To do that, you just follow the steps given below:
- Open the control center on your iOS device.
2. Now, choose the screen mirroring option.
3. After that, pick your Roku device.
4. A code will appear on your TV screen. Just enter the same code on your iOS device and select OK to connect your device with your iPhone.
With the help of these steps, you’ll be able to mirror your iPhone screen on your Roku device.
How to cast content from your iPhone using the Roku app?
To be able to share content from your iPhone to your TV screen, you have to follow these simple steps given below:
1.Download and install the Roku app on your iPhone.
2. Now, Open the application and select the devices
3. After that, Select your Roku device from the list.
4. Then, click on the Media option.
5. At last, choose the music, photos, or videos file which you want to cast on your TV Screen with your iPhone
By following this, you would be able to share all your favorite stuff from your iPhone to your Roku TV.
How to mirror iPhone to Roku using a screensaver?
This feature allows you to show your photographs in a slideshow. To do this, you must follow the steps given below:
- On the media selection tool, click on the Screensaver option and then Screenshot option.
- Use the drop-down menu to pick the file source which you prefer for your screenshot pictures.
- Click on the photos which you want to display on the screen by clicking on the checkmark boxes present on the photos and then click on Next option.
- After that, pick the Style and Speed of the slideshow to edit how the selected photos should be appear on your TV Screen.
- Finally, confirm the Screensaver which shows it correctly on your TV Screen.
What are the common problems with mirroring from iPhone to Roku TV?
Sometimes, these steps don’t work properly and at that moment, you would need to check if your iPhone is blocked on Roku or if some settings haven’t been turned on. To clear these out, you must unblock your iPhone from the Settings.
To do this, just go to your Settings app and head over to the Screen Mirroring section., the screen mirroring device option would be shown here. By clicking on that, you would be able to check if your iPhone is blocked or not and if it is, unblock the device.
Sometimes, screen mirroring may stop accidentally. Whenever this happens, do check if your iPhone is on and not switched off. You can also restart your phone if some problems still don’t work out.
Roku is a function that is very beneficial for everyone. This is very user-friendly and highly versatile along with being very cheap and inexpensive.
With this function, you can display anything on your iPhone’s screen directly to your TV screen. This app is used to stream and enjoy lots of contents from the Internet through your iPhone. These functions can be enjoyed with family, friends, and workers.