Settings> General>Accessibility>RTT/TTY and turn off
How to turn off RTT calling?
- Open the Phone app
- Tap More. Settings
- Tap Accessibility
- If you see real-time text (RTT), turn OFF the switch.
What does RTT mean on my iPhone?
If you are suffering from hearing or speech difficulties, you can communicate by telephone using Teletype (TTY) or real-time text (RTT) protocols that transmit text as you type & allow the recipient to read a message right away. iPhone provides built-in Software RTT & TTY from the Phone app & it doesn’t require any additional devices.
How do I turn off RTT on my iPhone 7?
- From Home screen, navigate: Settings> Accessibility
- From HEARING section, tap RTT/TTY
- Tap the Software RTT switch to turn on. If unavailable, tap the Software RTT/TTY switch to turn on.
- When Software RTT is enabled
- Tap Hardware TTY switch to turn on or off
How do I turn TTY mode off?
- Tap Phone, from a Home screen. If unavailable, navigate: Apps>Phone.
- Tap Menu icon, from Keypad tab (located in the upper right)
- Tap on Settings
- Tap Call
- Tap More Settings
- Tap TTY mode
- Tap on one of the following: TTY Off, Disabled all TTY settings, TTY Full.
What is the purpose of RTT?
Real-time text (RTT) is the text that is transmitted instantly as it is typed or created. Recipients can read a message while it is being written without waiting. If RTT is enabled on both devices, no audio can be heard on the call. If you are unable to attend on call, check that RTT is turned off.
What is an RTT relay call?
Real-time text (RTT) will let you use text to communicate during a phone call. RTT working along with TTY doesn’t require any additional accessories. Note: This article doesn’t provide information applicable to all devices. Check with your carrier if you want to find out if you can use RTT with your device & service plan.
How do you call a deaf person on the phone?
You need to dial the videophone number of the deaf person you want to call. If the number is outside your local calling area, dial 1 & the area code before dialing the number 2. You will hear a recorded message: “ Thank you for calling “.
How to turn on RTT on my iPhone?
- Settings> Accessibility> RTT/TTY.
- Turn on Software RTT/TTY or Hardware TTY.
- Tap Relay Number & enter a phone number for RTT/TTY relay calls.
- If you wish to send characters as you type, turn on send immediately.
- If you want to answer every call as RTT/TTY, turn on Answer All Calls as RTT/TTY.
How do you record a phone call?
Open the Voice app & tap the menu, then the settings on your android devices. Turn on incoming call options, under calls. If you want to record a call using Google Voice, answer the call to the Google Voice number & tap 4 to start the recording.
How do I turn off call information?
- Open the Phone app
- Tap More options Settings, Spam & Call Screen.
- Turn to See caller & spam ID on or off
- To block spam calls on your phone, turn on Filter suspected spam calls.
How do I turn calls and texts on another iPhone?
Go to Settings>Phone> Calls, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices. On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings> Facetime, then turn on calls from your iPhone.