When you’re into gaming, having several cables and wires around you is not something you would enjoy. It gets problematic and difficult for you while playing games on your gaming console.
Unfortunately, Bluetooth function isn’t as broad or widespread on the gaming side yet. Xbox one doesn’t support Bluetooth connections despite having several amazing features. But you must know, that this doesn’t mean that you cannot connect your Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one.
- HOW TO CONNECT MULTIPLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS TO THE IPHONE?
- HOW MANY YEARS CAN YOUR BOSE HEADPHONES LAST?
- WHAT JBL SPEAKERS CAN CONNECT?
Which type of headphones is compatible with Xbox One?
Presently, only two types of headsets are compatible with the Xbox One. They are as follows:
- Headsets with a wireless dongle: These are those kinds of headsets that would need you to plug in the dongle to your Xbox console and then further connect the consoles to your headphones.
- Headsets that connect without a dongle: This special technology is reserved for premium headsets. You would have to pay more to remove the dongle so that your headphones would directly be connected to the gaming console.
To do this, you would need to follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your headsets and ensure that they are not on the low power mode.
- Now, You would need to put them in pairing mode. (Hold down the power button for a few seconds)
- After that, switch on your Xbox One gaming console and search for the pairing button on the console.
- Press the pairing button on the console until you see the LED lights blinking.
- Now, press the connect button on the wireless headphones and press it till the LED starts flashing.
One important thing you must know is that all the given instructions could be changed as per the manufacturers of the headphones.
How do I make non-compatible Bluetooth headphones work with Xbox one?
As we already know that Xbox One doesn’t support the use of Bluetooth headphones in their gaming consoles, so you would have to depend on creativity and some tools to connect it to the Xbox console and enjoy the full experience of gaming with your headsets.
It also depends according to what device you’re using or what kind of gadgets you have but here are some methods you can try:
1. Connect the headset through a TV:
If you have a Television that supports Bluetooth connectivity then you can try this method once. You just need to connect your headphones to the TV and use it while you’re playing games on your Xbox console. This, however, will only allow you to hear the gaming sounds and wouldn’t allow you to chat with your gaming teammates.
How to connect Bluetooth headset via TV –
- Make sure that your gaming console is connected to the TV which supports Bluetooth connectivity.
- Once it is all connected, use your TV remote to choose the input source.
- After that, Connect your Bluetooth headphones to your television. Also, ensure that in the TV settings, the Bluetooth option is enabled.
- Now, pick your headset from the device list and wait till it is paired with the TV.
- Once all your connection is properly established, you can change the input display to HDMI so you can also plug your Xbox console and start playing games with your headphones.
2. Connect the Bluetooth headset via PC:
This is also possible with the Xbox app on your PC. For this method, you should keep both your Xbox and PC on the same Bluetooth network. Now, let’s discuss properly how we can connect these two devices.
How to connect Bluetooth headset via PC –
While doing this, you must give more attention to the fact that both your PC and Xbox should be connected to the same network. Also, check that the Xbox Console Companion app should be installed on your PC to connect your headphones to the Xbox console.
The process to do so is as follows:
- Open the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC.
- Sign in to your XBOX account with your log-in credentials.
- Now, click on the connection icon present on the bottom left side of the main menu.
- Now, click on add your device option if it does not automatically appear on the app.
- Once your console is detected on the app, click on the connect button to complete the pairing process.
- After that, proceed to the Xbox Settings option and then select the Device and Streaming option and then choose the Device Connections option. Also, ensure to checkmark both the boxes under the “This Xbox” section along with the “Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox” option.
3. Connect the headset using the Xbox App:
Through this process, you must remember that you won’t be able to hear any in-game sound on your Bluetooth headphones but you can listen to the chat of your gaming friends while playing games on the Xbox.
You can follow the steps given below to connect your Bluetooth headset to your mobile phone.
- Firstly, you would need to connect your Bluetooth headphone to your iOS or Android device.
- Once your Bluetooth headset is perfectly paired with your device, download the Xbox app on your device.
- Now open the Xbox app and access the social menu at the bottom end of the screen.
- Once you have accessed the social tab, tap on the Headset icon in the top right corner of the device’s screen.
Now, You’ll be redirected to the party chat interface and here you would be able to join or create new parties and start playing games on your Xbox with your friends.
With these several methods to connect Bluetooth headphones, it is highly advised not to use these methods as all these methods have some restrictions. In my opinion, you should invest some more money in Bluetooth headsets with dongles.
You should know what Bluetooth function helps you the most and then work according to that.