If you wish to access pictures from your iPhone on any other Apple device such as an iPad or MacBook, then the “iCloud Photos” setting should be enabled on all your devices. This setting will sync all your photos and videos from all your devices and also allow you to view them on any Apple device without importing them.
How will I adjust my iCloud setting?
You will need to adjust your iCloud Photos setting on all of your devices for this
Here is how to do it:
In the case of the iPhone:
- Open setting
- Click on iCloud
- Tap photos
- Select “iCloud Photos” so that it shines green.
On MacBook and other devices:
- Open photo app
- Select the options of photos
- Select “preference”
- Then select “iCloud”
- Then turn on iCloud Photos with the blue check.
syncing all the devices together means that if you make changes in photos on any device the change is applied to all the devices. Those photos are original so if you make any changes those are applied and those cannot be changed.
- How To Delete Photos On Mac Without Deleting From Icloud?
- How to delete photo albums on iPhone?
- Can I use the same iCloud account for 2 iPhones?
How can I view iCloud photos on other devices?
If you have an Apple as well as a non-Apple device and you want to view the photos on a non-Apple device, you can do it very easily.
if you are an Apple user, you will have an Apple id that keeps you logged in on all Apple devices and will have all information regarding your content, payment, etc.
with the help of this id, you can view your things even on a Windows computer as well as other devices.
to view your photos on a non-Apple device, follow these steps:
- Search for iCloud.com
- Sign in with your Apple id.
- In case you do not have one, create one and then try to sign in.
This is easy for those who have a MacBook, but in case you do not have a MacBook or it is stolen or broken but you need to access your data this process is helpful.
However, iCloud does not provide you with ultimate storage, so when your storage runs low you will receive an email regarding this.
How do you import content on MacBooks and other devices?
iCloud is good if you like its content on all your devices. but if you like only a few photos and videos on your device. then you will have to go through the process of importing and downloading the photos individually.
In the case of the MacBook:
- Connect your device and MacBook using a USB cable
- On your computer, open the photo app.
- An import screen will appear automatically, where you will have to select the photos you want to import and then click import.
- In case the import screen does not appear, click the device’s name that will appear in the photo’s sidebar. you will have to unlock your device using the password and click the option of “trust the computer”.
- Select where you want to import the photon with the option of “import to” dropbox.
- You can select the photos you wish to import individually and then select the option of “import selected “or click “import all new items”
In the case of Windows PC:
To import content from your Apple device to Windows PC, you will need the iTunes 12.5.1 version or later. For this, you will need to download your photos in their original resolution to your Apple device. then:
- Use your USB cable, connect your device to the computer
- If required, unlock the device using your password.
- Then click on the start button on the PC
- To open the photo app, and click on “photos”
- Then click Import and then select the option of importing from a USB device.
- Select the items you want to import and where you wish to save them
- Click “trust” or “allow’ if asked to “trust the computer”
If you still have problems regarding this, then you can go to either the Apple support site or the Microsoft support site.
Hope this article helps