Airpods are usually a very easy accessory that pairs easily and connects automatically whenever in use. But there are certain times when these devices do not connect and there are multiple reasons for the same that will be told in this article.
Amongst many reasons, it could be that your Airpods is out of range, out of battery, your system is not updated or it might just be because they are damaged.
All these things can be fixed if we follow the right steps.
- 1 Are you running the right version of iOS?
- 2 Try switching your iOS device off and back on
- 3 Try resetting your Airpods
- 4 Is your Airpod charged?
- 5 How to know my Airpod’s battery?
- 6 Try troubleshooting your Airpods
- 7 How to pair my Airpods with my phone?
- 8 How to unpair my Airpods from my phone’s Bluetooth?
Are you running the right version of iOS?
If this is the first time, you’re using Airpods on your preferred device, make sure that you have the correct version of iOS installed for example if you are using a first-gen Airpods, make sure that your device is running iOS 10 or above.
To check whether or not your device is updated, you may follow the following steps
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Click general and then tap on the Software update.
- On the page before you, there would be an option to install the recent update or your screen will show “your software is up to date”
Try switching your iOS device off and back on
Sometimes when you turn your device off, the operating system shuts down and closes up like your device, and on switching it on again; they work. Due to this the connecting of Airpods can be affected too. By switching your iOS device off and on again, you can start new and fix the software glitch.
Try resetting your Airpods
If the steps given above do not work, try to reset your Airpods and pair them all over again with your iOS device. To do that, you must follow the steps given below:
- Go to settings and tap on “Bluetooth”. Then tap the “I” and click on “forget this device”
- Put the AirPods back in the case and let them stay there for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the Airpods until the light flashes
- You should now be able to connect your Airpods to your iOS device easily.
Is your Airpod charged?
A low battery can be one of the reasons why your Airpods might not be connecting to your iOS device. To charge your Airpods you must put them in your case. The Airpod case has multiple charges so you must keep your Airpods in the case when not in use.
To charge your case, you must use a Qi-certified charging mat. Remember that the Airpod case is closed and is facing up.
When your Airpods are not in your case, the light shows the charge status of your case. Green color light means fully charged; amber means less than a full charge.
How to know my Airpod’s battery?
Another reason why your Airpods might not be connected is that the battery level is low. Checking the battery level is simple. By following the steps given below, you may know it too.
- Go to your iPhone’s notification center and then click on options.
- Find the battery widget function.
- The battery level of the device connected with your iPhone will be visible there. You can check the level of your Airpods at the same place.
This will help you find how to know the battery level.
Try troubleshooting your Airpods
There is another way of helping connect your Airpods and that is by troubleshooting them. To do that there are some simple steps that everyone can follow. They are mentioned below.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on your iOS device so that your Airpods can be connected
- It is very important that your Airpods are charged for connection.
- Restart your iOS device. More often than not, restarting can help solve the problems.
How to pair my Airpods with my phone?
Confirming that you have the latest model of iOS on your phone and that your AirPods are charged and have the latest updates, pairing it wouldn’t be as hard. Follow the below-given steps to know how to pair your Airpods.
- Hold up your phone next to the charging case with the phone on your home screen.
- When the setup animation pops up connect the device to your Airpods.
- Click accept to connect them.
- Tap done.
Also Read: How To Turn Off PS4 Controller On PC?
How to unpair my Airpods from my phone’s Bluetooth?
To unpair your Airpods from your phone’s device, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Select Bluetooth and find your Airpods
- Click on the ‘I’ icon.
- Tap on forget the device and confirm the said action
Connecting AirPods with your phone is not that hard if you know how to do it. Simple taps can help connect your Airpods but there are times when you cannot do that for which these steps were given.